While there are characteristics of a POGIL classroom that are common, instructors have serveral choices when it comes to the facilitation of activities. In this session, participants will explore a wide variety of roles, report-out strategies, introductory activities, assessment rubrics, and pacing techniques.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- choose appropriate team roles and responsibilites for their classroom
- employ a variety of pacing strategies
- employ a variety of report-out strategies
- introduce POGIL pedagogy to their students
- assess team interactions during POGIL activities