- Becker, Nicole; Rasmussen, Chris; Sweeney, George; Wawro, Megan; Towns, Marcy; and Cole, Renee (2013), Explanations Grounded in the Particulate Nature of Matter: A Sociochemical Norm in a Physical Chemistry Class. Chemical Education Research and Practice, 14, 81-94. (http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2013/rp/c2rp20085f)
- Lewis, S.E. & Lewis, J.E. (2008), Seeking Effectiveness and Equity in a Large College Chemistry Course: An HLM Investigation of Peer-Led Guided Inquiry. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 45, 794-811.
- Lewis, S.E., & Lewis, J.E. (2005). Departing from Lectures: An Evaluation of a Peer-Led Guided Inquiry Alternative. Journal of Chemical Education, 82, 135-139.
- Lewis, S. E. & Lewis, J.E. (2005). The Same or Not the Same: Equivalence as an Issue in Educational Research. Journal of Chemical Education, 82, 1408-1412.
- De Gale, S. & Boisselle, L. (2015). The Effect of POGIL on Academic Performance and Academic Confidence. Science Education International, Volume 26 (Issue 1), 56-79.
- Șen, Ș., Yilmaz, A., & Geban, Ö. (2015). The Effects of Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning Environment on Students’ Self-Regulated Learning Skills. Problems of Education in the 21st Century, Volume 66, 54-65.
- Gehrke, S. & Kezar, A. (2016). STEM Reform Outcomes Through Communities of Transformation. Change, January/February 2016, 30-38. http://www.change.org