Leaders will have extensive experience with POGIL as a practitioner and a facilitator, and will possess knowledge of other student-centered pedagogies. Leaders will have knowledge of the POGIL Project as a whole, including leadership structures and network tools (e.g. PAC, OPTIC, PCL, etc.). Leaders will have experience in guiding/supporting colleagues in professional development. Leaders will have clear knowledge, experience, and ideas with respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Professional Learning Communities formed with one experienced facilitator and 4-5 new practitioners will meet 10 times over the course of the academic year to share challenges, facilitation strategies, and resources. A meeting framework will be provided to the community leaders to ensure participants are exposed to POGIL resources (Facebook Group, eSeries, PAC, OPTIC, etc.), but leaders will have flexibility to address participant needs as they arise.
Leader responsibilities include:
- scheduling 1-hr meetings with your community members
- completeing a brief report-out after every meeting (Google Form)
- introducing participants to POGIL resources
- participating in one whole-cohort meeting
- participating in one orientation meeting (in early August) and two check-in meetings (late Sept. and early Dec.) with the coordinating committee
- acting as a liaison between the participants and the coordinating committee
Leaders will be compensated $500 per year and will have ongoing support from the coordinating committee.
Applications are due by the end of Friday, July 23, 2021. The program will start, tentatively, at the end of August 2021. If you are interested in serving as a leader of a POGIL Learning Community, please fill out the application below.