What is the POGIL Project?
The POGIL Project is a professional development organization for educators. There are numerous ways for interested educators to take advantage of the project:
- Attend a 1 or 3-day regional or national workshop.
- Use peer-reviewed and classroom-tested POGIL materials in your classroom, laboratory or recitation session.
- Apply for an on-site consultation in which POGIL experts will help you adapt the POGIL approach to your unique institutional setting.
- Receive support to visit a site currently implementing a POGIL approach.
- Consult with a POGIL expert by phone, Internet, or email.
- Join a POGIL Regional Network to consult with, collaborate with, and support other members.
More experienced practitioners may also:
- Contribute to development of new materials
- Serve on various committees to provide support to new adopters
Since the beginning of the Project, we have held over 250 workshops attended by about 6500 people.